Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Here we go again . . .

I'll get the first one I wrote on here from some lovely soul who was able to access it . . . thanks to all of you who let me know about the problems!

We went to the doctor yesterday for the 24 week check-up and all was well - yippee! Every good doctor's appointment is another prayer answered. It seems so funny to go in for a "tummy check" and go through everything for five or ten minutes of the doctor's time . . . but I know it's necessary.

It's so funny to think that we're going to be parents in just a few short months. We were at Target last night and I couldn't resist buying a little onesie that said, "Instructions Not Included." That's pretty much how I'm feeling right now! I asked JJ last night about all the "what if's" I'm feeling - What if I don't know how to put clothes on my baby? What if I drop it?! I'm so used to pretty much being "in control" of my environment, so this new uncharted territory is somewhat difficult for me. But I'm so excited, and I know Jeromy is, too. The summer is going to go way too fast, so I want to enjoy it. I'm hoping the baby holds out until the actual due date (Aug. 17 - my mom's and JJ's dad's birthday) so I can reap the benefit on the school end of things! Although the plan is to take the baby to the state fair - baby's first cheese curds . . . !

4 comments:

Wally Family said...

Hi Kelly! First of all - we need to get together and chat soon because I am going through many of the same emotions you are right now! (How will I know...how to take care of the baby? ...what to dress it in? ...if it's too hot/cold? ...if it's sick? Etc.). However, I really think you have nothing to worry about - you & JJ will be such amazing, fun parents! So excited for you!! -Nikki (babywally's mom :))

Anonymous said...

Kelly and JJ:

I am sure you know how excited I am to know that there will be an addition to our family. I personally can not wait to be an uncle. That kid is going to be soooooooo spoiled. I know that you and JJ will do just fine as parents. Just remember, you have great examples in Mom and Dad. Oh and if you ever need a babysitter, I am your man :D Love you both

Brian

verdoorns said...

I promise you...you'll be amazed at how much you'll "just know." Plus they help you out tremendously in the hospital. And then for the times when you don't have a clue...that's what parents are for (: You'll be fine. I promise. You guys will be great parents!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
The things you are worrying about pretty much come naturally. I didn't know how to give Josh a tub bath and wasn't shown that in the hospital, but Grandma Pat was out shortly after he was born and gave him his first tub bath. Before that, I had just given him sponge baths which he really didn't like! Remember, we are all just a phone call away.

Aunt Cinty