This is our first attempt at a blog, so here goes!
After a very rough fall season and another rocky beginning, Peanut is on the way! I am 24 weeks pregnant with a little one of unknown gender (and will remain unknown until the time arrives) so we decided to nickname the baby "Peanut." At the time we came up with the nickname, that's how big he/she was, so it fit! Everything has been going really well since the beginning when at 7 weeks we thought we'd miscarried, then found out at 9 weeks we really hadn't! I was diagnosed with Factor 5, a blood clotting disorder, which caused the beginning problems. After learning what precautions to take and taking an aspirin a day (I feel like a heart attack patient!), things have been going just fine. Movement started at about 16 weeks, but I was sick with the flu so thought it was just my rolling stomach . . . ! Jeromy finally felt the baby kick just two weeks ago, which made his day after listening to me talk about it all the time! Now Peanut is using me as a punching bag, which is fine
right
now. It reminds me that, yes, he/she is still in there, and I'm VERY happy about that! I'm sure as the kicks and punches get stronger I may change my mind, but for now, all is well!
We started the crazy registry process last week, and we're still dazed. It's like walking into a foreign country and having no clue what to even start with. There are so many things out there - I'm sure some are gimmicks - that everyone says you "have to have." How did we even survive our childhoods without the sleep positioner, sleep sacks, and baby monitors?! It's amazing to walk into Babies 'R' Us and see the sheer volume of baby stuff just waiting for you to take home and put where? I'm realizing as I look at our tiny house that we'll have to knock out a wall or something just to fit in the bouncy seat, swing, pack & play, high chair, etc. . . . . !
So that's the start. Hopefully we'll keep this updated and you can follow along with us on this journey to who knows where? Let's just say we're praying a lot these days! :)
Monday, April 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment