This is a conversation I've had with numerous people over the past few months, and I'm just waiting for it to happen to me. What's up with people feeling the need to rub a pregnant woman's belly? Am I Buddha?! I can understand a close friend wanting to touch you or even a not so close friend. But when complete strangers or just aquaintances feel the need to come up and start invading personal space, I have a problem with that! My friend Jen and I (she's prego, too) have discussed many times the need for t-shirts with slogans such as "I am not a petting zoo" or "Hands Off!" to ward off would-be touchers. Maybe that would help. But then again, maybe not. Someone who's bold enough to come up to put hands on a perfect stranger may not feel the need to heed such slogans - or just not notice them at all! :) I've realized I keep my purse in front of my belly most of the time and that's kept people away - I wonder if I'm doing it on purpose but subconsciously or if it's just what I've always done. Hmm . . . .
Peanut is now officially around 2 lbs and about a foot long or so (crown to rump length). The weight will more than triple between now and birth due to baby fat! Wow! This is the only time putting on that kind of weight that fast will be healthy and acceptable! :) The count down is going quickly - 27 weeks on Friday - I can't believe it! The closer we get, the more scared and excited I get. Yikes!
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We really need to make those t-shirts! Maybe once the school year has come to a close - we will have some free time to be creative.
Jen
I've heard that what you are supposed to do when someone begins rubbing your belly uninvited is to reach over and start rubbing theirs! I wonder if that really works (or if I'd actually have the guts to do it!)
Post a Comment