Not having internet at home is awful! I've been thinking about this blog for weeks, wishing I could get it updated, but the lack of internet access at home has made it a bit difficult. To sum up the past weeks, all is still well with the pregnancy. Other than developing carpal tunnel - due to fluid retention - and with it numb fingers and hands, I can't complain too much - the heat and tiredness is starting to set in, and I'm trying not to "over-do" as I can only take people yelling at me to "Sit down! Put your feet up! Let me do that!" for so long! I've been a bit of a "youth pastor widow" for the past few weeks as JJ & my brother went to Alaska to lead worship at Covenant Bible Camp, and now he's in the Boundary Waters with a large group of senior high students from church. The time has gone fast, though, and now we're at the end of it - which is a good thing since we've got a TON to do in the next six weeks!
Peanut is definitely getting bigger and heavier and packs a certain "punch" when it comes to moving around in ever decreasing space! It's pretty obvious that Peanut is becoming a little crunched for space - my stomach is also getting squashed! I can't eat much at a time - is this good or bad?! - so I get full really fast. Good if I were dieting, but bad since I get hungry much more often!
Only 6 weeks left in this odyssey of pregnancy and then the reality of parenthood comes crashing in. I am so excited to meet this little one and see his or her personality, looks, temperament . . . . but it's also pretty terrifying. After our childbirth class last weekend, I spent a few days thinking, "There's NO WAY I can go through that!!!!" I think the trauma of the fun videos has finally worn off, and I can honestly say that, while I'm not exactly looking forward to labor and delivery for pain's sake, I am excited that we'll finally get to look at our baby. Many prayers have covered this child, and I know God will get us through every minute of everything that happens.
Hopefully I'll get a few pictures on this at some point this week - we'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment