Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Christmas!





I can hardly believe Christmas is already here! We've done all sorts of fun things to introduce Caleb to the world of Christmas - we've made cookies, visited Santa, went shopping . . . he especially loves to watch the lights on the ceiling of the mall! He even has a Santa hat to wear to match Daddy!

This Christmas has been especially amazing for me. Since Caleb was born, the significance of God's sacrifice of His only Son has been more alive for me in light of the baby that has been given to us. The idea that the eternal God would give up his Son, whom He loves infinitely more than I can imagine, so that we can be with him in Heaven forever is overwhelming to me, especially when I look at my son and the thought makes my heart break. And now during this Christmas season, I think about how Mary must have felt as she looked at her tiny baby. Did she know the purpose for which this child had come to earth? Or was he just her little boy in that moment? As I watch Caleb this season and every day since he's been here, it makes me even more thankful for the gift of not only my son, but the Son of God who came to save us from our sin.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Beautifully put, Kelly. I've felt the same way this season. :)